continuing problem with boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss continuing problem with boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpac

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to all who replied to my last thread about my broken vokera boiler.

A vokrea repair guy came out today to fix it - the problem was a constant dripping of hot water from the prv, pressure too high, and problem with the filling loop.

The guy claimed to have fixed it, and when he left this afternoon, the dripping seemed to have stopped.

But I've just noticed it's dripping again. This time, it's cold water not hot water. Given he said he'd fixed it, replaced a few seals and said the filling loop was shut, is there any acceptable reason for it to be dripping now, or do i need to get someone else out?

Thanks again,

John

if its not the filling loop the expansion vessel is shot have you tried disconnecting the loop? poss prv if its cold water

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the pressure gauge reading if expansion vessel is shot the pressure will rise and open the prv
did he replace the whole prv and did he then use it to get the pressure to what he wanted as its maybe although a new valve he might have got some scale in the valve seat

Is your Vokera a Combi? I would guess it is, your problem could be the plate heat exchanger has failed allowing mains pressure water to leak into the system causing pressure to rise until the PRV opens at 3 bars, this would explain why the water is cold. If you have an external filling loop disconnect it and if the pressure rises over night when boiler not operating then I would say it is defiantly the water to water plate heat exchanger,

Hope this helps, Martin.

Thanks all.

It was dripping when the pressure was at 2.5 bar earlier.

Pressure is now up to 3. The filling loop is still connected - the plumber who came today seemed cautious when i asked him whether I should disconnect it. He seemed to imply that it was better to leave it on, but didn't go into detail as to why.

Thanks all.

It was dripping when the pressure was at 2.5 bar earlier.

Pressure is now up to 3. The filling loop is still connected - the plumber who came today seemed cautious when i asked him whether I should disconnect it. He seemed to imply that it was better to leave it on, but didn't go into detail as to why.

the filling loop should be disconnect as it can pass and cause problems with heating

ok thanks - have disconnected the heating loop now, so see if that makes a difference.

ALthough - presumably if there were a leak in the filling loop, i'd just bring the leak indoors by removing the loop right?

I think you would see stright away if the filling loop valve (the one connected to the mains cold water) was letting by when you remove the flexi hose, If its not and the pressure continues to rise then it's your plate heat exchange causing the problem.
Good luck, Martin

ok thanks - have disconnected the heating loop now, so see if that makes a difference.

ALthough - presumably if there were a leak in the filling loop, i'd just bring the leak indoors by removing the loop right?

yes .

if not i would agree with last post

if its not the filling loop the expansion vessel is shot have you tried disconnecting the loop? poss prv if its cold water

or plate heat warning dont answer these questions when wife ,kids,parrot or dog are also baying for attention,you will have a headache and forget what your talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
if when you have run the c/heating then its...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
Back