Contract for Trainee Gas Safe Engineer | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Contract for Trainee Gas Safe Engineer in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All, I am going to pay to put for one of my guys to be put through his Gas safe MLP course. Its a lot of investment for us and as such we will be drawing up a contract to say that if he leaves before X amount of time then he has to pay the course fees back.

Question - what do you think is reasonable to ask of him in terms of tie into our business after qualifying?
Thanks in advance
Peter

These agreements are difficult to get right and you'll need to involve a lawyer if you want it to stand up in the event of a dispute. See, e.g.

You'll need formula for any repayments that fairly reflects the specifics of the costs and benefits to you and your employee, which your accountant should be able to help with. My advice is to err on the side of generosity, a happy employee is more productive and loyal than an unhappy one you have trapped into working for you.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
I am about to start a training course to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces...
Replies
Views
Purely for interest, on large gas lines it...
Replies
Views
I’m glad there clamping down on this, had a...
Replies
Views
Back