Controlling multiple boilers remotely. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Controlling multiple boilers remotely. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Manks

Hello everyone.

The situation is that we have about a dozen domestic boilers which we'd like to be able to control remotely - i.e. disable the timers on the boilers and have an external timer that we can dia into remotely either over a phone line or the Internet.

The application is this: We run a number of residential properties where the heating is via a single boiler servicing three or four flats. Unfortunately, the heating is often left on permanently - if the tenants get too hot they open the windows!

Any ideas please guys?

If you can't adjust the terms of their contract so they are liable for the bills, how about some thermostats that are not adjustable?

If you make up a nice little vented steel box for the thermostat & fix it to the wall with security screws, then the thermostat is not adjustable (or not to your average thicko tenant).

I guess you could get a digital stat & selectively drill the circuit board so the temperature adjusting switches are ineffective.
All the room thermostats in my house also have pins which can be set to limit the max temperature in individual rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
In my experience the Honeywell RF kit seems to...
Replies
Views
Back