Converting power shower to electric shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Converting power shower to electric shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, first post here, thanks for having me.

I have a power shower in my house, obviously it has both a cold and hot water supply. I want to convert it to a Triton 9kw shower. I am upgrading the cable size to 10sq and also the RCBO size. What I want to know is if it is okay to block off the hot water supply to the power shower and use the cold water supply to connect into the electric shower? Will the pipe size be okay I believe it is 1/2 inch flexible pipe? Also what is the best way to isolate the supply from both pipes rather than what I did earlier as a test run to knock off every red lever and drain the taps haha.

Thanks!

Is the cold tank feed as normally electric showers want cold mains

Upvote 0
If you are installing a Triton T90SR which is a pumped electric shower then it must be supplied from a header tank which is presumably what you already have.
If you are contemplating a mains Triton then you need a Triton 80Z but if you already have the cold water header tank then I would definitely go for the T90SR as your mains pressure may not be sufficient which is often the case in this part of the world.

Upvote 0
In England, you should cut out the redundant section of hot pipe and not leave a dead-leg. Not sure if the same law exists in Ireland, but it would seem sensible not to leave long dead-legs in the pipework.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

J
  • Question
Electrical shower problems I have installed a...
Replies
Views
Johnales
J
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you had a vented cyclinder and cold water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you’re not comfortable in adjusting the...
Replies
Views
Back