Converting to a combi - advisable for mixrobore? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Converting to a combi - advisable for mixrobore? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

J

Jack Canfield

Boiler broke over Xmas and needs replacing and I’m tempted to move away from our 1985 gravity fed system and get a combi as many other parts of that auger appear to be at the end of their life and need replacing.

Our flow is 16l/min so not enough for unvented but we like the idea of a combi as we always run out of hot water and we have awful 3l/min showers!

However I am hesitating due to reading many stories of pipes not liking the increased pressure.

How common is this in reality and is it a genuine concern or a 1 in 100 occurrence?

Our home is about 35 years old (late 80s Barrat Homes) and has 8mm Microbore rads and a concrete floor.

I can’t tell if the pipes are in concrete or walls but a leak in the floor is my biggest worry.

Any experienced plumbers have an opinion on this ?

I wouldn’t do anything with 8mm other than a repipe

How many showers / bathrooms do you have ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
The first thing I would do is check the...
Replies
Views
Back