Copper fitting Storage | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Copper fitting Storage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I'm trying to find a tidy and mobile storage system to carry my copper fittings. My pet hate is mess and the sight of copper fittings mixed up in a bucket, drives me bonkers. I prefer a grid system in a bag if this exists?
Any suggections? I've been on the net but can't seem to find anything suitable.
Cheers

Stanley do boxes that have boxes inside

It's about the size of a suitcase and is perfect. It's what I used when I was an installer

You will need atleast 2. One for 15 one for 22

i use stanley boxes as well. very good at the job as simonjohns says.

I use stanley boxes, 6 in total. 15 end feed, 22 end feed, compression, valves. screws and pipe clips. Not the cheapest on the market but robust and work well. I've had mine for almost 6 years now.

Stanley XL ORGANISER: Amazon.co.uk: DIY & Tools

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm cheap and use the Wickes own brand version of the Stanley boxes one for 28, 22, 15 and one for misc odds and sods pluss a couple of the smaller ones for oil line fittings and other sundries.

Im pretty basic. I have fittings every where.
All over the van
In every tool box and drill boxs
In all jackets and trousers
In bedroom, kitchen and shed
And to top it off, Ive even been known to put them in the washing machine !!
hope this helps :D

I use Stanley Junior Sortmaster. The boxes inside have removable dividers to create your own size of boxes, but the big bonus is that each case snaps together with clips onto the next case and you can carry 3 cases joined together at a time full of fittings or screws etc onto the job. I've racked out the top shelf of my van with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
i use lin bins in the van but they are a waste of storage space as they are bulky but i can get a lot in them i would post photos up but the vans a tip at the mo have to wait until i clean it LOL

Obviously a new start :smile:

I have the van all racked out with 28 separate compartments *not enough as some fittings double up) and when i go into a job i have a look and put the fittings i think i'll need in a bucket (if it is an install it is a bag of this and that). When i'm done i put them back where they go in the van.

Much easier to carry and holds a lot more fittings than some stanley box but whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Stanley box but they don't withstand much chucking about. I will get a steel parts box next.

In the workshop, I use lin bins on a wall rack to keep my copper fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I was hoping for a 1/4 turn ball valve type...
Replies
Views
I have never personally cut one to find out...
Replies
Views
Were in a similar-ish situation in that our...
Replies
Views
Brilliant, thanks KoP - I'll give it a go and...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
Same as YorkshireDave, remove the flexi...
Replies
Views
Back