Copper pipe fitted in stud wall | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Copper pipe fitted in stud wall in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Just a quick one. I have to fit 15mm copper pipe [H+C] into an internal plasterboard cavity wall which is just insulated with rockwool. Will be lucky if the length of copper pipes in the cavity be around 1 meter in length to the drop in the floor.

The question is do i have to put anything around the copper pipes to protect them in the cavity space?

1. In theory you are supposed to insulate the pipes. In practice I would expect the rockwool to do a good enough insulation job.
2. You don't need to protect the copper from rockwool.
3. The clipping distance for vertical 15 mm copper pipe is 1.8 metres, so you can probably get away without clips provided the pipes are well supported at each end.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Tiling over like that will be absolutely fine...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is hopefully a lintel above that new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can do if you so wish . Kop
Replies
Views
  • Question
obviously not if the haed is striped inside
Replies
Views
Back