Copper pipes and cement mixes | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Copper pipes and cement mixes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that wet cement/concrete can have a reaction with copper and begin to attack it, so we sleeve it, but can dried set concrete still have any affect on copper pipes installed later on?

Yes it can

The reality is that the teaching is to protect pipework from contact with cement/concrete.

The reasoning is that thermal expansion and contraction may cause abrasions, I think Portland and Lafarge? ? do testing and reports about the interaction between copper and wet/dry cement/concrete and the type of mixer and concluded there was no problem with the interaction and no corrosive action has been identified but this has not been accepted(although reportedly high sulphur and or fly ash may cause corrosive environs) therefore sleeving is still the recommended approach

Mind you I could be talking out my backside again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Another vote for copper. All copper tube is...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
Exactly and I bet they will say it’s not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Best you contact Daikin and see what they say...
Replies
Views
Back