Copper Push Fittings | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Copper Push Fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DIYBlues

Hi

Although I've previously soldered joints I'm no expert and always worry if I've sealed the joint properly.

When I renovate my Bathroom this time I will be using pipe benders but I’m undecided on how to connect the pipes. Can you use copper push fits on any installation including installing pumps.

If not what type of installation can’t you use copper push fits on and would the pressure of the system be an issue.

Thanks

probably the only installation you cannot use pushfit on is gas.

Copper pushfit still use an o-ring to seal, just like a plastic one - they just look prettier.

If you're going to use pushfit out of sight then you might as well use a quality plastic one (eg John Guest).

As most will be seen I'll go for the copper push fits as they are much smaller then the plastic ones.

Thanks for your help

if its on show go for chrome with chrome compression fittings

Best of the copper pushfits is Cuprofit. Less expensive, more secure and far better looking than plastic pushfits but only for use on Copper. Screw fix sell them.
Can't beat solder and copper for a tried and tested long term solution but in hard to get at areas or places where you can't use a blow torch, Cuprofit are excellent.

Best of the copper pushfits is Cuprofit. Less expensive, more secure and far better looking than plastic pushfits but only for use on Copper. Screw fix sell them.
Can't beat solder and copper for a tried and tested long term solution but in hard to get at areas or places where you can't use a blow torch, Cuprofit are excellent.
only ever used solder or compression for copper where its seen, possibly speed fit or Hep if not seen.
Do the Cuprofit need a tool to fix or release ?

They need a tool to release. I tried to get a 28mm one apart once without the tool. I didn't manage to do it. They grip something silly.

only ever used solder or compression for copper where its seen, possibly speed fit or Hep if not seen.
Do the Cuprofit need a tool to fix or release ?
They grip so well that even with the release tool, they are extremely difficult to remove. To fix them, cut the copper with pipe cutters, debur it and slide the fitting on, that's it, joint made. No special tool, no inserts and nothing needed to make a rock solid joint.

When using copper push fits with either 22mm or 15mm copper pipe you don't need to use liners do you?

I do like a bit speed fit here and there to get out of trouble or quick install, but I'm not overly keen on the fittings long term on hot pipe's. O rings eventually become hard and could leak, all be it in many years to come, but have had some on fairly new installs. I haven't yet used the copper push fit but the o ring is in there and as previously posted and unlike speedfit will be a job in itself to replace one if need be

Read on Cuprofit website the design life of 50 years!!
Definition: Period for which a component, device or system is expected to function at its desingated capacity without major repairs. (I had to look it up...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If your looking at the copper tectite fittings...
Replies
Views
Another vote for copper. All copper tube is...
Replies
Views
You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Back