copper to lead (gas) | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss copper to lead (gas) in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get rid of the lead.

Make sure you use a CORGI registered fitter to deal with gas installations. :)

Unfortunately I cant get the lead out as it disappears under a newly laid floor. By the way, I am a Corgi registered plumber but with no experience in this sort of problem.

if you are corgi you should know that you are not allowed to join to lead. you can leave it in as it is but you are not allowed to join into it. new pipe needed from the meter

if it was water you could use a lead lock but you are better running a new pipe. can you not run the pipe outside?

Hi. Sad as it must seem lead pipe is frowned upon now. The fact that all the meter unions were soldered lead to brass, done by gas fitters with a mouth blown torch has been forgotten. So has the fact that the popularity of gas for lighting and heating was in part due to the ease of running and jointing lead or lead composition pipe around the house. No my friend far to skilled for a corgi fitter, gosh think of the paperwork. Run the pipework around the house, it will not enhance the look of the property but will get some poor sole a breakfast when he decides to steal it for scrap. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
It's not a requirement to replace the whole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Normally the same dia is used in solder so 3”...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It’s massive in size so if under a floor it’s...
Replies
Views
Back