copper vs pushfit pipes | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss copper vs pushfit pipes in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will be the longer-lasting option?

I still feel more comfortable with a solvent weld on pipework which will be put under expensive flooring and in places where it will be difficult and expensive to reach in the future, but I'm beginning to think that's habit rather than practical or worthwhile.

That said, I'm still not a fan of copper pipe going into pushfit fittings, I'd prefer a compression joint

It's copper for me all day long. I suppose it's what you use most and what feels right to you.
If I were going to change my ways I think I'd use press fittings on copper instead of plastic push fit.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks very much for your help
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
S
Oh no another job to do .........
Replies
Views
ST1300
S
Yes, I am using copper tail. Soldered elbow...
Replies
Views
Back