Copper | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Who is cheapest at the moment Ive got a job where I need around 300 meters so a few quid a bundle will all add up Ive checked williams price but my local merchant will better it by a few pence

Grahams last time I got a load but was for 300m 15mm 300mm 22mm and 120m 28mm that was about 2 months ago.

Who is cheapest at the moment Ive got a job where I need around 300 meters so a few quid a bundle will all add up Ive checked williams price but my local merchant will better it by a few pence

Do you mark up 20% on the gear you supply?

When buying that amount of copper and associated materials required for the job, it really shows you the allegiances of your current suppliers towards you.

Shop around and hammer the cheapest supplier for a better price.
If you give the chance to enough suppliers, someone will be willing to sell you the material at a much better price than others.

I quite often buy in larger quantities than needed to get a good price its just that recently copper seems to on the increase so what I paid in November is no real bench mark

Unless you need it all right now, I would recommend just buying what you need.

The price of metal is still falling, so tomorrow's tube is likely to be cheaper than today's. *

*The price of tube can go up as well as down. If I was certain, I would be making my fortune speculating on the LME, not flogging toilets in a provincial plumbers merchant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you. I will give it a turn later on and...
Replies
Views
Builders innit, make'em pay.
Replies
Views
Oh dear, welcome to the forum, I will move...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
Back