Core drills | Plumbing Tools | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Core drills in the Plumbing Tools area at Plumbers Forums

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Alright my plumbers from another mother

Know it’s been asked before but what core drills are people using. I need to bite the bullet.

Hello Shaun. You always know of the nicest gear. Think that’s a little outta my price range. Don’t mind something In the £400-700 mark

Like anything it’s all in the cores

The thing is probably but I wouldn’t do that many also depends what your going through

if your doing a lot of 6” through hard stuff I would say no

Yep cheap ones I find tend to twist you more as the stones arnt set right facing inwards a smidge

Alright my plumbers from another mother

Know it’s been asked before but what core drills are people using. I need to bite the bullet.
Sorry can’t contribute, but are you back now Riley?

actually, tell a lie, I’ve used one at work - Makita - didn’t like it as it was like Bob Marley, kept jamming. Cores were crap as well.

I too have the makita 8406 and find it very good. Did 6” core for my kitchen extractor easy (mind you it was only block and render so cheating really).
Done loads of 127, 117, 65, 52, 38 holes in all sorts.
Mind you this time I never use this drill for anything else, strictly cores only, so it’s never been on hammer and it’s lasting really well.

The Milwaukee is a DD2 - 160XE which says it is 1500W. The Makita is a 8406C which says 1400W.
So there's not much in it.
As said I have both and in my opinion, and the lads who work for me, the Milwaukee performs better. But both are good quality and will definitely do the job.

Blimey all those cores!! Why not just SDS with a chisel bit - actually last time I did similar job it required the 15kg breaker - but breaker must be much quicker than cores I would of thought?

Blimey all those cores!! Why not just SDS with a chisel bit - actually last time I did similar job it required the 15kg breaker - but breaker must be much quicker than cores I would of thought?

Just trying to be precise. The concrete was 6 to 8 inches thick. Used the core method over a 1700 x 800 area. Sorted the waste, small pour of self leveller and then tile adhesive to stick the former down.
Tried my breaker but just not precise enough.

Similar plumbing topics

Sensocomfort with outside temp sensor. RF or...
Replies
Views
No you couldn’t need to be gas safe
Replies
Views
10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
F
  • Question
While I generally agree with your comment, I...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Back