Cost of replacing a thermostatic cartridge in a mixer bar shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cost of replacing a thermostatic cartridge in a mixer bar shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Could someone give me a heads-up as to the cost of a plumber to replace a thermostatic cartridge in a Bristan mixer bar shower. I have the cartridge, so the cost would be labour only. I live in Norfolk, so not London prices. I had a guy come round this morning quoting me £75 - this seems expensive. Bristan themselves told me that it would take around 15-20 mins max to replace the cartridge. Please advise. Many thanks.

£75 isn’t bad for two visits as likely he’s added the first visit eg quoting in

Upvote 0
I would say £75.00 is a fair price Brixton may well say it’s a 20 minute job. but That’s not the point plumber has to travel to job pay his insurance vehicle and liability, also fuel costs he has already visited site once and factor in it might take more than Bristan’s assessment of 20 mins.

Upvote 0
Maybe 20 minutes for a new shower, but old shower, is there isolation? Will the isolation work? Etc, etc, etc....

You're not only paying him for the actual time on site but also his knowledge and experience.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my...
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
  • Question
Hi yes I know that I’ve been in the plumbing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M...
Replies
Views
S
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, assuming you are confident/competent to...
Replies
Views
Back