Cost to replace cold water tank in loft | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cost to replace cold water tank in loft in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

V

victor

Noticed water stains on ceiling - Inspected cold water tank - has 5 low level pipes going into it, a high level connection for the balcock and an overflow one. It is a black plastic tank about a metre long by 60x60 approx (just an estimate by eye). Can't see any leaks around the pipes. It was positioned on some hardboard, but about 6cm of the tank is hanging over the edge - I'm guessing this has put strain on it and hence the leak - although I can't see any obvious crack.

Roughly how much would it cost to replace? I'm in Kingston, Surrey - access is fairly good

Yes, there is a light and it's floored adjacent to the hatch. It is not floored on three sides of the tank. It will probably need a new piece of wood under the tank depending on the size of the new tank and the condition of the existing wood

Sure we have members in your area.

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you, I’ll do just that. Much appreciated
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
R
  • Question
Anything under £500 is good value I'd say just...
Replies
Views
Back