couple of questions about new boiler and gas cooker. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss couple of questions about new boiler and gas cooker. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

becky4

hiya all i have been having a new boiler fitted it seemed to take three people to fit it and do the pipe work and it took just over 13 hours is thid right?

second of all we had some one out to fit our gas cooker 4months ago everythink was fine they didnt find a leak...after the guys fitted the boiler and moved and reconnected the cooker due to new pipe work the guy found an internal leak in the cooker now wouldnt he of found this the first time round and wouldnt we of been blown up by now if it had been leaking for 4months or is this down to them moving the cooker while doing the pipes?

thank you becky.

Last edited by a moderator:
with the boiler every install is different n 13 hrs is not unusual.

as for the cooker a leak can happen at any time so thats y u people should get their appliances serviced n gas safety checked each year

Nothing like pointing the figure

The time taken to replace the boiler is quite acceptable, maybe even exceptional, You do not say the full work they have had to carry out maybe brought in extra body to speed things up to get up and running asap, see you have no complaints about the installation

As for gas leak, as said ,can happen any time and as leak internal to gas cooker, how can you even think about blaming the plumbers work, he would have done external pipework and that all Ok, maybe ring up the manufacturer and ask them why one of their 4 month old cookers have a internal leak

Think you should put kettle on ,make everyone a nice cup of tea and thank them for doing a good job of the boiler change over and being vigilant enough to locate and trace a gas leak on your cooker, making sure, you are not only warm but safe also

Unless there is more to the story

imho

i wern't pointing the finger just wonderd how common it is and if there was a chance it could of been the guy has he moved the cooker quiet forsefully.
well apart from the guy had two un gas safe peoplethere to help him and i thought dodgy of them and my landlord.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the replies. So the distance is...
Replies
Views
It would cost quite a bit to move the...
Replies
Views
Back