cowboy plumbers strike again! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cowboy plumbers strike again! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallon1982

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Got a call out late last night. Turned up and water lashing out from the soil stack in the the corner of the kitchen.
Turns out the sink waste going into the stack was about 2 inches too short!
They said a "plumber" had been out about 6 months ago and fit a new sink. Thing is the sink he fitted was a deep bowl sink and therefore causes the waste pipe to run up hill towards the stack pipe! The old sink was clearly a shallow bowl.

There are two flats directly above so I suspect its been leaking for ages, but maybe a sudden force of pressure has caused the pipe to pop out completely.

Attached a couple of pics for your amusement.

(the customer had said plumber on loudspeaker, and he was trying his best to get out of it... bless him)

20150825_200457.jpg20150825_203433.jpg

Tell me about it! His excuses were, he told the woman that it wasn't right before he fit the sink (but he did anyway), and that he knew it was leaking (but he fit it anyway), and that he was paid to fit the sink - Not repair the waste!!

I have never heard someone talk so much guff

Looks more like a diyer job rather than a plumber lol

there is two side to this sink is now lower than the waste in soil so the customers whgo have already bought the wrong sink say fit it youve already lost\ an hour arguing about it and if you walk away you get no money case of the customer is always right
however i would have put a macalpine trap on it and put a trap extender in it

I always price up a new waste run when fitting a sink, it always needs adjusting and there usually half full with slime

there is two side to this sink is now lower than the waste in soil so the customers who have already bought the wrong sink say fit it youve already lost\an hour arguing about it and if you walk away you get no money ,case of the customer is always right
however i would have put a macalpine trap on it and put a trap extender in it to raise the outlet not ideal but it works

there is two side to this sink is now lower than the waste in soil so the customers whgo have already bought the wrong sink say fit it youve already lost\ an hour arguing about it and if you walk away you get no money case of the customer is always right
however i would have put a macalpine trap on it and put a trap extender in it

The customer is right in this case - She asked the plumber to get her a suitable sink - He came back with the wrong one, saw the waste ran up hill, told the customer, but fitted it anyway.

The customer is right in this case - She asked the plumber to get her a suitable sink - He came back with the wrong one, saw the waste ran up hill, told the customer, but fitted it anyway.
Thats little more than operating as a con merchant. He should be jailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
I meant that section, particularly if fed from...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would tend to agree with snowhead the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Back