cp for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cp for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

billybob150811

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been asked to fill out a cp17 the firm who asked me to do it say they fill it out for any work done I had a look at the corgi cp books and that says cp17 is for non domestic install my question is there such a thing as a cp form for work carried out in a domestic premises

I have thought about it and decided they want a test and purge certificate I found an old commercial test and purge book of mine and it said cp16 so im guessing the domestic test and purge at one time was a cp17 and the name has stuck at that firm

bet they mean a cp12 (landlords gas safety) that's more likely if your in a domestic premises and you work on anything gas you got check all gas applainces. so a cp12 covers their a**e. Done quite a bit of subby work and they all want a CP12/gas safety check. Only needs to be a visual on appliances you don't work on.

how can you do a visual on a fire chimney?

you just do a cp12 for the appliance you've worked on, gas meter and pipe work leave the rest off!

you dont need to record the required visual risk assessment of appliances on any gas certs, but many companies, HA, Counsil's do just to have a record of appliances installed and gas safe recommend you do note them down.

how can you do a visual on a fire chimney?

you just do a cp12 for the appliance you've worked on, gas meter and pipe work leave the rest off!

you should do a visual risk assessment on the other appliances really. Inc flame picture if you have disturbed its gas supply. its all in the gas safe technical bulletin TB sumet or other.

for a gas fire you can visually check the terminal, and any visable parts of the flue but you not expected to go beyond what you can see. You can spot signs of spillage etc.....

Last edited:
I saw the cp today its a cp17 commercial form with stuff like meter volume max permissible leak rate max operating pressure separate areas for new and existing they are fairly clueless and have the blind been leading the blind at this place yes they want a cp12 this is as .I think they mean well enough I said I,d get them a domestic test and purge cert and they seem happy enough with that

Similar plumbing topics

My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Hi RPM, Gasway were the first company i...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A...
Replies
Views
Back