CPA1 ....£150 + vat is this on the money or expensive ? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss CPA1 ....£150 + vat is this on the money or expensive ? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its what I paid for mine, I looked about and couldnt get it any cheaper in my area.

Are the courses any good?

Do they teach you anything you didn't already know?

Do they favour one brand / type over others?

Are the courses any good?

Do they teach you anything you didn't already know?

Do they favour one brand / type over others?

how can you ask if they teach you anything you dont know, when we dont know what you know, i teach it and have taken money off people who are industry experts and TBH i dont think they would have learned much if anything, and i have taught new entrants who had never held a FGA and therefore must have learned something, both needed to do the course as a mandatory requirement, we charged £80 plus VAT for assessment only which included training notes from which we had to pay £35 certification fee, so we kept it as low as possible, if you know what you are doing and need the mandatory certificate to do CENWAT & HTR1 then you can do assessment only, if you dont know what you are doing i suggest some training, as to whether they favour any one make, i can only speak for where i have trained and assessed, and we dont, we use kane 455's which i find easy, robust and value for money but you can bring your own analyser to use as long as its calibrated, we dont mind, not sure if any other place tries to sell you an analyser, feedback from others will answer that one

how can you ask if they teach you anything you dont know, when we dont know what you know, i teach it and have taken money off people who are industry experts and TBH i dont think they would have learned much if anything, and i have taught new entrants who had never held a FGA and therefore must have learned something, both needed to do the course as a mandatory requirement, we charged £80 plus VAT for assessment only which included training notes from which we had to pay £35 certification fee, so we kept it as low as possible, if you know what you are doing and need the mandatory certificate to do CENWAT & HTR1 then you can do assessment only, if you dont know what you are doing i suggest some training, as to whether they favour any one make, i can only speak for where i have trained and assessed, and we dont, we use kane 455's which i find easy, robust and value for money but you can bring your own analyser to use as long as its calibrated, we dont mind, not sure if any other place tries to sell you an analyser, feedback from others will answer that one

Hi Kirkgas,

Sorry for being so general with my questions.

I use a Kane 455 and to be honest I don't get full value out of it because Kane instructions are terrible, for example flue draught testing is built in but no guide how to use it.

We don't have to do the CPA1 yet I haven't heard anything about plans to introduce in South of Ireland however I do believe it would be a valuable course from what I have seen some guys doing with analysers, one gent uses the log in the Kane to print off favorable readings because he doesn't know how to use the analyser or adjust boiler settings.

Your rates look fair to me, I was thinking of doing it in Northern Ireland as there is always something to learn.

Thanks,

Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Around 1k for a new cylinder and 500 ish to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Who are you all using for the above...
Replies
Views
Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
S
I have a constant problem with the potterton...
Replies
Views
Seb_1975
S
Back