Cracked Toilet Seat | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cracked Toilet Seat in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Advice appreciated as I may soon be posting all the facts in this dispute on here for you all to see. A company who at present will remain nameless sold us a Doc-M WC and toilet seat. We have been through 4 seats now as they all keep cracking at the hinge. Our merchant has had their national sales manager down who insisted it must be an installation issue (despite 2 separate plumbers installing seats on various occasions). After promising to visit my customer's house to inspect the seat he has not bothered to firm up a date and now he is ignoring all emails.

Has anyone any ideas how I can proceed other than to name and shame?

threaten them with trading standards? might scare them into sorting thereself out???

To be honest after it broke the second time I would have got a refund and fitted a different one and not used that manufacturer again.Not worth getting worked up about imho.

To be honest after it broke the second time I would have got a refund and fitted a different one and not used that manufacturer again.Not worth getting worked up about imho.

Think thats probably what i would have done, throwing the second seat across the counter at them !

In breach of sales of goods act, not fit for purpose. Put it in writing, 7 days to resolve, find a proper seat and bill according, for all time and effort involved.

Can't ya just stick a nice soft closing seat on it and send the company a bill for the part and your time fitting?

There part is obv not fit for purpose.

It is not fit for purpose. Get a different seat and return the other one with your bill to the merchants. Let them sort it out with the manu. There is just so much junk around these days.

Well here's the funny thing. I wrote an email to their national sales manager threatening to name and shame their company on this forum unless there national sales manager pops out to visit my customer at her home. Got a swift reply saying we'll be there next week, please confirm whether the 7th or the 8th is better for you both..

The funny thing is he's still adamant I've installed the toilet seat wrong, spouting the usual rubbish like "we've never had a seat crack like this since we started selling them 30 years ago". I must be really unlucky then to have 4 go!

Anyone else had dealings with annoying sales reps/managers?

Can't ya just stick a nice soft closing seat on it and send the company a bill for the part and your time fitting?

There part is obv not fit for purpose.

That's the plan if this one fails Bronzino. The reason I want one of the Doc M ones that works is they are specially designed for the disabled market. The seat is a bit higher for my customer than a standard seat.

Well here's the funny thing. I wrote an email to their national sales manager threatening to name and shame their company on this forum unless there national sales manager pops out to visit my customer at her home. Got a swift reply saying we'll be there next week, please confirm whether the 7th or the 8th is better for you both..

The funny thing is he's still adamant I've installed the toilet seat wrong, spouting the usual rubbish like "we've never had a seat crack like this since we started selling them 30 years ago". I must be really unlucky then to have 4 go!

Anyone else had dealings with annoying sales reps/managers?

Uponor, completely useless (underfloor heating side).

On a brighter note the Grant rep is up our way on Friday night, free drinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Someone has previously replaced the seat with...
Replies
Views
Normally I use a piece of cardboard under the...
Replies
Views
You can hire a cheap plumber or a good...
Replies
Views
He doesn't know or will accept it but we've...
Replies
Views
Should have it done in a day. If you’re a bit...
Replies
Views
Back