Crappy Glow Worms | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Crappy Glow Worms in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo21

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had to do a drain down for a rad repair yesterday. Turned the boiler off on the front of the boiler, did the work. It wouldn't power up again!
I tested it through, and it was the bloody switch on the boiler! I had a really hard time explaining that one to the custard.

Had the same with a Glowworm and when I rang their technical , their response was that I shouldn't of shut it off at the fused spur as the pcb fails on a regular basis when you switch it back on !!!

This was on the selector on the boiler itself!

Hate it when things like that happen, last one for me was a boilermate. Turned it off at the spur to work on the system, turned it back on and the pcb had blown. They cost about £250 as well, my customer seemed understanding but I'm not entirely sure they believed me haha.

Same as the Worseter Greenstar fans. Volatile shutdown I think they describe it as.

Remeha quinta pros suffer the same problem. If ye turn them off on the switch beside d digital display there's a chance it'll never come on again. New switch plus display required.

The problem is you need to turn these things off to work on them safely , when you say to cust it may not work when i turn it on they look at you like you are blagging them.

I no longer check for the 3amp fuses on the XI range due to this. It's so embarrassing when it happens yet Glow Worm never sorted the problem out. Had a few Greenstar fans pop too but not as frequent as the XI's. Remeha Quinta's I daren't even touch the display's pads unless customer has insurance

I always advice with glowheaps and woosters its a known fault,if they aint happy with the advice i move onto my next job,its all about liability these days,cover yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ignore that air pressure sensor 🤦‍♂️
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
A
Thanks for that. And yes, time for an engineer!
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Back