crosswater monobloc sink tap - sticking control lever | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss crosswater monobloc sink tap - sticking control lever in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi I've just joined the forum. I've recently moved from a 4 bed detached house to a 2 bed flat. For over 60 years I've installed and maintained a lot of the heating, plumbing and electrics myself but as the flat is only a few years old and we are short of space I rather foolishly got rid of most of my tools. But I won't seek professional help for anything unless I understand what the problem is.

I couldn't find any silicone grease to release the lever in a local Homebase store but was told that WD40 would do the job. It did seem to help but the next day it was much worse. I then managed to buy some 3 in 1 Silicone Lubricant which I thought would be better than grease as it had a propellant and a nozzle like the WD40 which made it easier to apply to the narrow gap between the lever and tap body. This was a disaster! The lever is now so stiff that it needs a real thump to get it moving at all.

I've read all the info In Jennie's thread about WD40 but there are no clues for me there. Has anyone else had a similar experience ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Similar plumbing topics

E
  • Question
There is a relatively simple soloution but I...
Replies
Views
secret squirrel
S
Back