Custom Flush Pipe High Level Cistern | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Custom Flush Pipe High Level Cistern in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

I’m trying to replace an antique high level cistern with a more modern ceramic one. The flush pipe is routed in a very specific way so the new one will probably need to be bespoke.

Does anyone have any experience, or at least seen, bespoke flush pipes? I was hoping they could be made from standard off the shelf copper tubing (needs to be metal for aesthetics), rather than me needing to buy the chrome flush pipes they sell with the cistern and bodging it to make it fit.

Any insight would be appreciated to know if this is possible. Companies don’t seem to list what size the flush pipe would be or if an off the shelf diameter would also work.

James

Flush pipes are usually 1.5” (38mm OD). Some are 2”.

You could make it out of copper pipe.

If 1.5” use 35mm copper which OD is 35mm. Then where it enters cistern/toilet solder on a endfeed coupling (copper thickness is around 1.5mm), this will increase the OD to about 38mm.

If 2”, just upsize the copper/couplings.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I've seen it done with steel tube but never...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Try fitting a doughnut onto it.
Replies
Views
  • Question
It really depends on how much bigger ? alot of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I have water filtering system (reverse...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
Back