Customer shower screen nightmare | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Customer shower screen nightmare in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Riley

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning guys

having a bit of a nightmare

just finished a bathroom and now customer springs on us that there is a bath shower screen

problem is at the start custard never told us that there was one, even when prompted so my tiler has created a nice boxing at the end of the bath with a little angle on the tile for water to run back to the bath.

Now we have this f-ing surprise shower screen which when hung leaves a 40mm gap between the bottom of the screen and the bath edge. Basically my question is does anyone of the bathroom fitting fraternity know of a seal with a fin of at least 40mm

Last edited:
Cheers VI

Funnily enough that is exactly the seal I have to try and make up the gap but to no avail.

The amount of issues I've had with this bloke I really do feel like just splurging a fat wad of silicone under the screen and leaving it at that

Upvote 0
In an ideal world, you will have to remove silicone around bath then raise legs up so bath is at required height to screen. Trouble is, that involves a lot of work. Is customer prepared to pay something extra? I hope you can both come to some kind of an arrangement.

Upvote 0
I'd get some plastic bead like a quadrant or something and silicone that to the bath and tiles so the seal on the screen will meet,
It wont look all that nice but its not your fault

Upvote 0
Yes it's just the end of a long list of carp that this custard has given us. Poor tiler ran out of tiles four times over 2 and a bit rooms because the bloke insisted on measuring and ordering his own. This is the same bloke that asked if I could hide central heating pipework by just "threading it through" behind the wall. Idiot!!!!

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
We did bathroom and kitchen renovation last...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It was just a thought. I had the experience of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
  • Question
you never seen what happens when the muppet...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
  • Question
city plumbing own brand - iflo you wont have...
Replies
Views
gravytrain
G
Back