customer started work on my quote.. wtf | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss customer started work on my quote.. wtf in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I priced for a oil boiler, unvented cylinder & oil tank install last month on a new build; UFH had been installed by a previous plumber that had ''done a bunk'' apparently so I was connecting on to that.

Got a call from the electrician, come plumber, come general builder, come tosser that had hooked me up with the job - ''The clients want you to do the job''

Well I was chuffed as I really wanted to do something other than a combi install... until.....

He said (he the electrician) had already started work on the on the 22mm cold main and various other pipework that I had quoted for in ******* JG speed fit!!!!!! And I wasn't to worry about balancing the mains supply as he just usually caps the balance supply off :thinking:

Also the Client had already cast the base for the oil tank with a 10% slope so as to tip the oil tank back & if the slope was a little steep... **please take a seat if your oftec

''we will put a sleeper under one end of tank to level it out a bit'' .. :whatchutalkingabout

bloody **** take.. At this point I had to politely tell them I was no longer interested in the job

I'd of walked as well, sounds like a right nightmare of a job,

Tell me though as I've never done oil
Am I right in saying that the tank base should be level as surely any sludge would block the outlet and the tank should be completely supported

I dont blame you unfortunately very other job i goto these days an idiot seems to be their .

Talking of idiots ........
5yrs ago I left a job because the women didn`t know where to isolate the electrics or the water to a macerator which was running on until the motor overheated and stopped.

Went back today to find the motor was shagged because the women had been shutting the door to deafen the noise!

PS. She still doesn`t know where the isolation points are!

I mainly just use copper for everything.

I was really picturing a tundish hanging from some speed fit or maybe a sad looking two port hanging at some god forsaken angle from a bit of plastic.

Plastic oil tanks are really to be fitted level.
The outlet is often up off the base of tank a couple of inches or more anyhow, so if you are dragging water or dirt into the fuel line, you would have been eventually anyhow. Only way is tank level and checked each year for lid area letting rain in or water or dirt in the base and it can be pumped or syphoned out directly through the lid to base.
As to customers doing your work, - what I really hate is doing a Rolls Royce job, with just the final bits where you need to wait on kitchen fitters etc, and then the customer deliberately interferes and joins the sinks up. The idiots think they can save money

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
Ideal Vouge 32 kw would suit 10 year...
Replies
Views
The worst oil boiler ever to hit the market...
Replies
Views
Not come across that before. Good job finding...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Impossible to answer, literally. The only part...
Replies
Views
Back