Customers and expectations | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Customers and expectations in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just had a call from a customer moaning at me ,
Serviced gas fire for her all worked fine at the time but issued noticed that chimney needed cowl . Got paid and she got someone out to fit an appropriate cowl . Since then fire has now developed a fault tried to get part however been told its old obsolete part . Informed cust an she full on gave me grief down the phone saying she wasted money in first instance . She chose to ignore that when i serviced it that i informed her fire was old tho !!

Also had a call out to a greenstar combi not working , changed pump as was clanging like hell , all quiet boiler working , 2 days later another fault has shown possible blocked plate so cust decides to get water heater installed instead . I say pump bill needs paying first he says can't i use it elsewhere lol.

I give up !

Say yes I have got a use for the pump, I'm going to put it in a big sock, then swing it at your head

Should of said yes you could use it else where but the bill is still XYZ

Job would be great if you did not have to deal with customers.

So the answer is to just blag it all the time and claim they need new everything. Works fine for me as all I hock is taps and flush valves. Yet another reason I can't be arsed getting gas safe. Job is already enough hassle as it is.

Gas safe is an "amazing" place to be. Never a dull moment :smile:

In my profession I prefer dull to all other options. There is no manner of excitement this job can produce that excites me pleasurably. I meet unexpected challenges with a mixture of fear and misery.
I'd enjoy a challenge where, were if I to fail, I could laugh about learning processes and resolve to start afresh the next day, rather than failure meaning I have to stay at work for an unscheduled 2-4 hours desparately battling an assortment of miserable unco-operative filthy inanimate objects being watched by an increasingly sh*tty and distrustful custard.
You have to be the right type, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Also on the asbestos register so better check...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
A
Tu I don't do much with any boiler in terms...
Replies
Views
A
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Back