customers calling safety relief pipe ,the overflow ! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss customers calling safety relief pipe ,the overflow ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amount of times i have been to flat expansion vessels ,customers saying the overflow is leaking .
Am i going to look at a boiler or a toilet !So ANNOYING.

Well some don't even know what a boiler is.

They end up taking you to the airing cupboard.

They're the ones I prefer.

The ones standing over you telling you your job are the ones likely to be told to foxtrot oscar.

They're the ones I prefer.

The ones standing over you telling you your job are the ones likely to be told to foxtrot oscar.

i had a bloke like this on Friday.

Stood next to me for the whole boiler service, telling me the ins and out of the tests I should be doing on the boiler

"I know mate, I'm doing them" I said, he was really doing my head in, most of the stuff he was saying was wrong, but I'm a nice bloke and let him have his moment.

As the job went on he got more and more annoying, after half an hour of telling what I was doing and what i should be doing next, I had to put him right. He was telling me about the pilot light on his worcester 28i jnr :)

I explained to him about this "pilot light" and then picked him up on other stuff he said, he soon shut up ;-)

he had bad breath as well which made it worse.

Anyway, I'm off to bed, to do it all again this week :)

ta-ra abit.

The diynotters. I had abloke writing down everything i said once ( to check on here probably). if that happens again i'm gonna tell them " sorry to say but youre flux capacitors knackered"

Last edited by a moderator:
"My sink is leaking." *Brings 40mm trap just in case*

"Oh, it's your basin?"

I know a hair dresser who thought her heating was really weird because she had two "boilers" in the house.

One happened to be a small electric point of use water heater in her salon/conservatory.

Last edited by a moderator:
The diynotters. I had abloke writing down everything i said once ( to check on here probably). if that happens again i'm gonna tell them " sorry to say but youre flux capacitors knackered"
I used to work at a place where after every job you called the office to give them a report which they would type up. Every time a new girl in the office started you wouldn't believe how many flux capacitors and fondu sets packed up

last one i went to for boiler breakdown was bringing his chair into the garage when I asked him to leave me alone as I get arsy if when being questioned I get a belt from something. off he went, and off came the cover and lo and behold a seized fan, bit warm so lots of wd40 to cool it down, followed by bit of a flame and smoke! so more wd and 2 mins later all working for a non guarenteed timescale! just glad he wasnt watching or hed have pood himself:)

Amount of times i have been to flat expansion vessels ,customers saying the overflow is leaking .
Am i going to look at a boiler or a toilet !So ANNOYING.
i had the contract to extend all the plumbing on site and the site manager called every single pipe the over flow! could you imagine how annoying it was to read list of houses with "overflow not extended" on them and not having a bloody clue what pipe i was being sent out to extend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just screwdrivers. Although it’s wise to back...
Replies
Views
Expansion vessel undersized, blocked flexi to...
Replies
Views
W
  • Question
Need a g3 eg unvented engineer
Replies
Views
Plumber replaced the washer in the valve and...
Replies
Views
Back