Customers Who Put Up Your Blood Pressure | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Customers Who Put Up Your Blood Pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
One of my wife's family friend (88 yrs old lady) rang me on Wednesday saying: 'I have no heating or hot water for the past three days. We have tried everything there is to try but the boiler refuses to light. I'm wondering if you could please come now and sort it. I'm a bit cold.
I tried to convince her that I was too busy but she was having none of it? So with a heavy heart, I went there the next day in the afternoon. And my worst fears were confirmed.
Family and friends, is a disaster waiting to happen. RUN A MILE when family & friends come calling.

Do work in a church near me. 1 of d old women volunteers was literally rubbing against me when I was showing her how to set the timer. Jaysus had to scrub meself down with dettol after it.
Anyone remember the movie Kingpin with Woody Harrelson and d landlady where he's puking down d jaxx. It was like that, ahh

I was not so happy to attend as my gut instinct told me I will be sticking a label to the boiler. So I attended and boiler front case was no where to be seen? I asked why and was told it just falls off its hinges, so they had to put it away? All control knobs were broken? Top of boiler was half falling away? I told her she has no business using the boiler or even trying to use/light it. I told her to skip it and have it replaced.
At this point, she started rubbing my back lovingly and asking how much a replacement will cost? I declined her offer and told her to get BG to replace it. Left there in a hurry with my tails between my legs.
Sorry guys/girls, my broadband is playing up, hence the delay in responding.

BTW, boiler is 30 yrs old.

Last edited:
Should of just given her a stupid price so that she wouldn't have excepted it :)

Should of just given her a stupid price so that she wouldn't have excepted it :)

What really makes my blood boil is that the very big/massive house she lives in is already paid for when hubby passed away and insurers paid out. Her daughter and two sons and their kids live there with her even though they all have their own houses which they rent out. You'd think they will look after her. Fat chance. All they do is take, take, take?

That's mad. I do work in a nursing home/ sheltered accommodation in Dublin for well to do people. Anyway was talking to woman who had moved into 1 of their apartments. She had a big house in a posh area worth a million plus at least. I was in doing d yearly service, got chatting she said she wasn't happy there even though it was a nice place. She still pretty independent. I said why don't ye move back to yer house. Kids had auctioned off d furniture. I said buy some more. Kids high flyers living in London. D following year d house sold when I was talking to her.
Thats some way to look after yer mam.

That's mad. I do work in a nursing home/ sheltered accommodation in Dublin for well to do people. Anyway was talking to woman who had moved into 1 of their apartments. She had a big house in a posh area worth a million plus at least. I was in doing d yearly service, got chatting she said she wasn't happy there even though it was a nice place. She still pretty independent. I said why don't ye move back to yer house. Kids had auctioned off d furniture. I said buy some more. Kids high flyers living in London. D following year d house sold when I was talking to her.

Lets hope the mum has enough dough to see her days out comfortably.
Let hope the kids, if need be, keep paying out for their mum.

Lets hope the kids, when their mum is gone, end up wishing they hadn't wasted all the dough that was left to them when they are on 'carp street'

I do work in aged care facilities and hear these stories more often than I would like.

If my son did that to me I would leave everything to a charity! My dad said to me about my inheritance and I said don't worry about that you can spend mine if you want. I would rather have a happy dad than money when he's gone.

If my son did that to me I would leave everything to a charity! My dad said to me about my inheritance and I said don't worry about that you can spend mine if you want. I would rather have a happy dad than money when he's gone.

Same here mate. My Mum is so reluctant to spend any of her money but for what? We're all doing OK, earning a living and a roof over our heads. We kind of twist her arm into treating herself! :D

I was not so happy to attend as my gut instinct told me I will be sticking a label to the boiler. So I attended and boiler front case was no where to be seen? I asked why and was told it just falls off its hinges, so they had to put it away? All control knobs were broken? Top of boiler was half falling away? I told her she has no business using the boiler or even trying to use/light it. I told her to skip it and have it replaced.
At this point, she started rubbing my back lovingly and asking how much a replacement will cost? I declined her offer and told her to get BG to replace it. Left there in a hurry with my tails between my legs.

Which boiler lol

Which boiler lol

image.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

Did you charge call out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Should have it done in a day. If you’re a bit...
Replies
Views
R
That answers me question, Well done you.
2 3
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back