Cutting copper pipe with no space | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cutting copper pipe with no space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Ok sound a bit simple
In my mum's house , need to replace shower bit the shower has been tiled over twice so the screws to get the cover off are covered . Removed a few tiles and want to fit new one on top of tiles but the feed it's too short . Would just cut it and start again but pipe is too close to wall for a pipe slice and I want to use cooper push fits . Is a angle grinder or multitool out of the question as I have heared the pushfit need a very clean edge

Hacksaw and a file also deburer

I was all ready to go for it pipe slice at the (am a spark so it basically brand new) ready and it is buried and right up to the wall . I had the multitool out already to remove the grout but thought better than just cutting it .

It's a single cold water feed from the bath . It goes 15mm into 90 bend about 10mm of pipe into 90 bend up into 15 mm onto shower . I can't cut between the 90 s( not enough pipe and I can't cut with a pipe slice before the 90s because to near the wall . I don't think I can pull it away from the wall because it's buried . So i think am going to have to cut at the wall . Do you think it'd a bad ideal to use blow torch to remove the bends and clean it up or cut it and try it file it

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Wow thanks, I never thought of redoing the bad...
Replies
Views
Hello where are you located ?
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
If it was on a job of mine I would cut it out...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's fine. The latter. The black one is...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Depends what you have now, put a picture so we...
Replies
Views
Back