Cutting spil pipe below wall level. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cutting spil pipe below wall level. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GNA

Hi,

I need some advice here - fitting a new soil stack (plastic) and to avoid the use of spacers under the stack clips ( and thus having the stack a long way from the external wall) I need to cut the pipe coming from the WC about 45mm below the level of the external wall brickwork - how is this best achieved?

Thanks

Gareth

Are you saying that you want the 4" bend to the WC partly in the wall..?
If so when you diamond drill the hole make it bigger to take the internal radius of the bend, or elongate the hole.

Is the pipe already coming through the wall from the WC?

Hi,

Yes the pipe is already in the wall and cut flush to the external wall surface.

I dont want to set the bend in the wall - I just need to somehow cut the pipe about 20mm below the wall surface as if I dont the bend will push the soil stack too far from the wall and need spacers behind the soil stack brackets.

I cant take up the floor to fit a new run from WC to wall.

Thanks

You could use a small disc cuter that fits on your drill allowing you to cut soil pipe from inside to out in the wall recess, you can get these attachments from a good tool shop or you may find bremel would do an attachment,make sure you make round inside of soil pipe were you want to cut and follow line
Ps little tip of subject
I have a small bremal with a cutting attachment I use to cut off the locking nuts on the cistern plate on c/c w/c's when all corroded and central heating pump nuts

Thanks everyone,

Used a dremmel in the end (well a pro-power B&Q own version) with a small cutting wheel - cut the pipe like butter with no nasty burrs.

As an aside also just used it to slice some stubborn taps off underneath a basin - will keep it in my toolkit from now on !

Thanks

G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
No problem with the 900mm from openings as it...
Replies
Views
Many of the houses nearby (built about 30...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Back