cylinder coil connection leak | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss cylinder coil connection leak in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

went on holiday to relatives and for letting us stop in caravan i volunteered to fit a gravity heat leak to their rayburn in the farm house.never never again nothing like woking without your van with a basic tool kit in the middle of devonshire nowhere. fitted the heat leak with no hassel and filled to find water running out of the primary coil connections from the inner seal . managed to undo the bottom female iron and back nut and feed ptfe behind nut and retighten but the top female iron was total scaled to the backnut got a drip a second off this one so thought i would leave it to see if it sealed with heat.next day still dripping (did not dare attempt to loosen incase i snapped the coil) not having the tools or time to fit another cyl decided to use some ext leak seal the the day after . woke to find the drip had reduced to one drip every 30 sec so drained and used external lsk refilled and seems ok . what do others use for situations and anyone got any tips - was thinking of buying 2 1" back nuts so i could lock them on the end to give me something to hold with spanner while trying to undo the original backnut. could not do this with cyl here as it had female irons fitted.

ant

Only one instance comes to mind for me ant ... Replacing a diverter valve and managed to disturb the connection and a steady stream of water started running down the cylinder :banghead:

Did the same as yourself, a ton of PTFE :) I may be wrong but vaguely remember using a pump washer on another occasion? Been some time since I've had to mess with a cylinder TBH :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
D
Re: Leaking loft tank - What is best to hold...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 65649
D
Thanks Dontknow itall and Steve , I will...
Replies
Views
B
wrote before i scrolled down
Replies
Views
buckley plumb
B
Thank you Plucky , Good point , but I cant get...
Replies
Views
Back