Cylinder connections | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cylinder connections in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plamber

Hello all,

For the connections going directly into the clinder, I have always just used PTFE tape wrapped around the fitting and thats all. been doing it for years and had no leaks.

Another plumber told me today that he uses PTFE and boss white together. one guy i know claims to only use boss white.

My question is what do you guys use?

whatever you find works, bosswhite on its own not my cup of tea,some say you sholdnt use jointing compound on cylinders as it dries and cracks.

I prefer to use the saliva from the Hamerkop bird of madagascar,it costs about £ 67.34 for a small tube but once you explain to the customer its amazing sealing qualities they soon cough up, never had a leak using it yet,had to stop putting cylinders in for a few months last year as there was a shortage and could not get any:(
Then again my mate uses Lsx and he has never had a leak either.....,whos right...you decide :confused:;)

Last edited by a moderator:
locktite 55 and a smear of white stuff
end feed cylinder cons for the primaries with again a smear of paste on the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
To ensure a durable, leak-free connection for...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi, did you ever solve this problem? You...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I am just catching up on some threads...
Replies
Views
Hi Problematic valve resolved! I removed the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Only way to find out as above mcalpine make...
Replies
Views
Back