Cylinder leak on 1500x450 . | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Cylinder leak on 1500x450 . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

verdigrey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Advice please , I have been fitting new cylinders since I started plumbing proffessionally ( I think ) about 4 years ago and I thought I new how to do them , but I not sure now .
Yesterday I replaced an old leaking cyl with a new Indirect open vented one 1500 x 450 , heated by an oil fired Rayburn and 2 short Immersion Heaters . When I refilled the system there was a very slight leak from where the 28mm pipe goes into the top of the coil .
I have put a 1'' x 28mm compression female coupling there and the leak is comeing from around the flanged nut that holds the coil to the cyl . I guess that I must have overtighted the coupling and it moved the nut slightly , I could KICK MYSELF .
It is so slow that it is not really noticable , but I told the customer and I said that I thought it may stop when the cylinder heated up .
I am hopeing that it will stop either by getting hot or just drying up or because the water is quite hard , the lime may stop it .
My question is , If it doesnt stop or even gets worse what can I do ??
Have I turned a £350 cylinder into scrap value ?
Any ideas would be very much appreciated , thank you Guys .

Little tip... Use 1" cylinder unions. A soldiered fitting that just nips up on the connection. 100 times easier that using an FI, and cheaper!

Fitting cylinders for 4 years at £350 cost per cylinder?. call me next time i can do you for £299 each.lol.

Thank you Plucky , Good point , but I cant get a 28mm EF fitting with a 1" nut from my usual supplier , 1" x 22mm are easy to get .
Redsaw thanks for the offer , I paid extra for next day delivery £ 295.39 + vat . If you deliver to Lincolnshire I may take you up . Cheers .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Yes aslong as you remove the old washer eg any...
Replies
Views
Hi, F&E is highest, not dripping or signs of...
Replies
Views
Bignose
B
Back