d2 Boiler central heating system in staffordshirre | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss d2 Boiler central heating system in staffordshirre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uponor? I thought d2 in unvented had to be a rigid pipe such as copper inc high temp

That is correct but this one will make my life a lot easy if I could run it in plastic pip work , I know there is on type that can be used ..... but I don't know which one

As Masood says PB or PEX.. Just done the unvented re sit..... Chris Watkins is the expert on this if you want more info.

If I remember the last discussion mate it had to be push fit waste not solvent and a dedicated pipe straight to the stack clipped every 300mm and marked up it was for unvented discharge and to have a hep trap inline

Trade names are John Guest, Polyplumb Hep20 ect

I don't think you can use any of these... The updated regs allow plastic pipe, but only the push fit plastic waste, it can also go into a soil stack etc, a hepvo inline trap is also needed I think.

Alot of misunderstanding on the topic, maybe a technical type bulletin needs to be released on this reg update in one of the trade mags if your reading anyone...!!!

I don't think you can use any of these... The updated regs allow plastic pipe, but only the push fit plastic waste, it can also go into a soil stack etc, a hepvo inline trap is also needed I think.

Alot of misunderstanding on the topic, maybe a technical type bulletin needs to be released on this reg update in one of the trade mags if your reading anyone...!!!

As long as everyone goes for their update assessment (haha, as I put on my tin hat) then they reckon they will update most people by 2014, but as we all know its everyone's duty to keep updated anyway, so maybe a TB would be good, but to be honest there are tons of qualified people who never go near the TB's, re-assessed a guy about 6 weeks ago who argued ( silly boy haha) that I was talking bovine excrement when I mention TB on FSD's for multi occupancy cookers, and how long has that been out?

Discharge pipe should not to connect to a soil discharge pipe unless such pipe can withstand the high temperatures of discharge water; in which case it should:
(a) contain a mechanical seal, not incorporating a water trap to prevent foul air from venting through the tundish;
(b) be a separate branch pipe with no sanitary appliances connected to it.
(c) where branch pipes are plastic they should be either polybutalene (PB) to class S of BS 7291-2:2006 or cross linked polyethylene (PE-X) to Class S of BS 7291-3:2006 and;
(d) be continuously marked with a warning that no sanitary appliances can be connected to the pipe.
NOTES: (i) Plastic pipes are to be joined and assembled with fittings appropriate to the circumstances in which they are used as set out in BS EN ISO 1043-1:2002.

according to regs you can use pex ie hep20 or equivalent which makes sense to me being its able to carry hot water upto 90 degrees.

Thanks lame, ive got another year until i need to resit my unvented and ive heards theres been alot thats changed.

Even though ive got my unvented. I always read MI just to cover my back and double check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Looking at how you replied to ShaunCorb's...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
Back