Damp & Mouldy Cylinder/Cistern cupboard | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Damp & Mouldy Cylinder/Cistern cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a private job today - no hot water. Turned up and was shown to the cupboard inside the bathroom where the cylinder and cistern reside - WOW!

The only extractor fan in the room is not working.
No vents on the cupboard
Fused spurs damaged from condensation and both rusted and blown
Both immersion stats buggered
(direct cylinder)

I refused to put the electric back on to the immersions due to a health risk.

I've advised the guy I need to replace the extractor fan, fit a high & low vent on the cupboard to allow the air to circulate and have recommended to remove the cistern & cylinder to clean & treat the cupboard for mould and damp, then fit new spurs for the immersions.

Anyone ever done damp work? Its a cupboard with plasterboard stud walls. No window.

Any suggestions/advice as to the best course of action? Or if you'd do something different?

Cheers guys

2016-09-27 17.21.15.jpg

2016-09-27 17.21.20.jpg

2016-09-27 17.21.30.jpg

2016-09-27 17.21.38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back