Decision on Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Decision on Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Raji

Hi I have had two plumbers out for quotes with very similar prices except one is offering valliant and the other ideal. Which is better when you compare the logic + against the ecotec pro and then when you compare the ecotec plus against the vogue. Is the vogue too new to come to a conclusion on its reliability. The seven year warranties are attractive on the vogue and ecotec plus.

Cheers
Raji

I'd go for the Vaillant over the logic. But the plus not the pro, pro is only five year guarantee.

Another vote for the Ideal Logic. Fitted one last week and I'm seriously impressed with the build quality. I'd rate it better than the pro. But personally I'd spend a bit more and go for the EcoTec Plus.

go for another plumber that will fit you the best on the market Worcester Bosch ! I can do that for you bay the way :)

Vaillant 5 ideal 3 and Worcestor Bosch erm 1

I would recommend INTERGAS.

out the 2 that you have been quoted for my vote is the logic.

Vaillant would be my choice. Plus not the Pro it was equal to the Worcester Bosch as top boiler in which magazine ( for what it's worth). However i find as a installer and service engineer the back up from Vaillant not all that amazing.. Worcester Bosch back up I have found to be very good. As it goes I tend to install Vaillant and baxi. Don't love ideal but in fairness that's due to the old models I.e the icos and isar, bag of poo boilers. Parts for those old boilers are very expensive. The pcb's tend to go normally cos there is leak dripping on to it!!!
Hope that helps

Just to add, I think the vaillant plus is decent boiler, while I don't like the pro.

If it was between the plus, and the logic I MAY have swung my vote the other way, but the the logic would probably still edge it for sheer value for money.

First time I've called out valliant on a boiler I've fitted, was leaking on the soundness test when I fitted, thought valve must be passing.

the engineer went out an has fixed it but told tenant there is too much of a fall on my flue an I could invalidate warranty !!

there is nowt wrong with the flue IMO, there is hardly any fall ?

not impressed to be honest

First time I've called out valliant on a boiler I've fitted, was leaking on the soundness test when I fitted, thought valve must be passing.

the engineer went out an has fixed it but told tenant there is too much of a fall on my flue an I could invalidate warranty !!

there is nowt wrong with the flue IMO, there is hardly any fall ?

not impressed to be honest

He'd be pulling his hair out at a vertical then :lol:
One reason i never fit Vaillants anymore. Their heads are so far up their own rses every fault is blamed on some dreamed up installation issue. (and the fact they poach your customers)

He'd be pulling his hair out at a vertical then :lol:
One reason i never fit Vaillants anymore. Their heads are so far up their own rses every fault is blamed on some dreamed up installation issue. (and the fact they poach your customers)

I have fitted loads of valliants an swear by them, this has really wound me up !!

The flue is side exting an has a slight fall on the flue ? He's apparently said the fall is too much, water can get into the flue an invalidate warranty ?

In my eyes he's totally pulled something daft here to excuse the replacing of a new valve on a brand new boiler !! Making me look stupid but they've come out of this with their reputation intact

Out of the 2 Vaillant every time. As said go for the plus, if you want to spend that sort of money look at atag. Hate ideal, no time for worcestor although the cdi is good there other ranges are worse than most others but with a high price, stay well clear of Ferroli. If you want budget look at glowworm Flexicom, it had its issues but is now very solid. Depends on your budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Back