Delaying the fill on a loft cold water tank - electric and mixer showers running at once | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Delaying the fill on a loft cold water tank - electric and mixer showers running at once in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read.
I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical?
The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic).
Current set up is:
  • A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else.
  • One electric shower 2nd ensuite, cold mains fed - even on its own the pressure is sad, with both showers on a dribble.
  • Main bathroom, has the wire for electric but not yet been installed. (on the other side of the wall from ensuite 2)
I have an idea to put a large cold water tank in the loft to gravity feed the two electrics using something like a couple of 'Mira Elite SE Pumped Electric Shower - 9.8k'.
While in 'theory' this would supply both the electrics to run at the same time (I think..) - but if the tank starts filling up straight away that would affect the mixer shower cold feed.
To ideally run all 3 showers at once, if the loft tank is big enough, is there a way to say delay it filling up for 5 minutes. (ovs don't want the water supply to run dangerously low while the 2 electrics are running as mega dangerous)
Looking around, I've found things like:
Keraflo Aylesbury K Type Delayed Action Float Valve - to use with the water tank
Is that what I'd need? Although pretty expensive for my budget.
Sorry for the long mail.
Any advice, gratefully received, even if just to say - what you're trying to do is insane (o:
Many thanks,
L.

Have you got capacity in your electrics to run two 9.8kW showers at the same time, along with your other household needs?
Hi Ben-gee.
They're wired to separate switches on the main board, so I'm hoping so.
The whole place has had a rewire and a new main switchboard popped in due to the size upgrade.
We've had a couple of sparks in over the past 12 months and neither have mentioned a potential issue.
Thanks,

Upvote 0
Hi Ben-gee.
They're wired to separate switches on the main board, so I'm hoping so.
The whole place has had a rewire and a new main switchboard popped in due to the size upgrade.
We've had a couple of sparks in over the past 12 months and neither have mentioned a potential issue.
Thanks,
But even, the worst case and we could only use one electric at a time. Is there a way to delay the fill on the electric feed tank, so it wouldn't affect the mixer shower?

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
There are some electric showers with an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We have a pumped shower with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It appears to be fine in what you propose. In...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back