DeltaSol bs solar hot water controller - settings | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DeltaSol bs solar hot water controller - settings in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

StellaDoc

Hi
I have one of these controlling my system and it all works fine (eventually.... don't get me started!) but at one time one of the guys who came to fix some problems changed the settings (after consultation) so that it did NOT start the pump about every 50 minutes regardless of temperature. (He advised that this regular auto-run was included as a feature to ensure that there were no problem with deadspots around the theromcouple in the collector, which sort of made sense).

Unfortunately I had to have the tank changed (told you not to ask!) and during the downtime it seems the controller defaulted to its factory settings and now it is back to running the pump for about 30 seconds at regular intervals. Of course, this is most noticable at night..... plus it does have a small cooling effect on the tank which is another minus.

I can find nothing about this is the instruction books.... anybody any clues on how I might override this setting without resorting to powering down the system in hours of darkenss? (And yes, I have had no response from the original installation company...)

I have had an explanation of why the system has this as a default from another forum and my apologies if the same guy reads this forum too.... I am just after some advise on how to rest this aspect of the controller. Anybody know?

Thanks

Similar plumbing topics

Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As an experiment could you go away for weekend...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
Yes, a very interesting proposal, I asked that...
Replies
Views
Back