Detecting leaking toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Detecting leaking toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smccran

Hello all,

I have an upstairs toilet that I think is leaking. It is in an en suite room.

The room underneath (on the ground floor) has a small damp patch on the ceiling where I would estimate the toilet is above it.

My issue is that the en suite floor and wall is tiled so I cannot get easy access. The toilet cistern is embedded in the wall and is incredibly small and squeezed in, so its almost impossible to see anything.

Is there any way to detect if the unit is leaking somewhere? Do I have to take the tiles up or is there some way around this?

Thanks
Shaun

Have you felt round the waste pipe at the back of the toilet so see if there's any wetness there? a picture tells a thousand words ;)

A favorite leak on a toilet is the water connection on to the ball valve, knact fibre washer or not tightened enough. Stop using it, if the wet patch drys up it is probably on the waste or the pan to cistern connection. If the wet patch starts getting worse and you are not using it, its probably the water connection to the valve. Think you get my drift. Probably a job for one of us lads.

sliding your phone in with videorunning can get places you cant see or a cheap usb camera from ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you asking if you can run a toilet into an...
Replies
Views
Condensation drips from outside the cistern?
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
Thanks for the informative post. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Back