DHW supply from Vaillant turbomax 828e | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss DHW supply from Vaillant turbomax 828e in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

We have a combi boiler supplying dhw and c/h to our 4 bed, 2 bath house. The boiler is in a cupboard on the first floor bathroom and supplies shower, bath and sink.
There is an attic bathroom with bath and sink, and a kitchen sink on the ground floor. Recently the dhw does not fire up if kitchen tap or attic hot taps are turned on. If we
leave one of these taps on and turn on a hot supply in the main bathroom then hot water will be supplied. Turning off one of the main bathroom supplies whilst leaving kitchen or attic taps on and this will turn the boiler burner off.

Any ideas on why this has started happening ? Boiler has behaved very well over the years and only problem was the expansion vessel inside the vaillant failed so my plumber fitted remote expansion vessel with gauge and c/h has been fine. Cold water is pressure at 1.4 bar, won't fill up any more. The water pressure incoming at outside tap is just under 2 bar.

Thanks,

Diddlepara

As long as any hot tap flows > 3.0LPM then it should fire up, probably requires a new diverter valve.
Hi John, thanks for getting back. Yes, flow rates for the hot taps in attic are bath 2.25LPM, sink 1.75LPM. Ground floor kitchen tap hot side 2.5LPM. Meanwhile in the main bathroom the hot sink tap is 3.25 LPM. All the cold taps are fed by mains supply and attic are 2.25 and 2.5, kitchen tap 4LPM and main bathroom sink 3.25LPM.

Is this still a diverter valve problem, either replacing or cleaning out along with flushing the boiler and system?

Like me, with age, I need a good flushing out for all my bits to function...

Thanks again,

Diddlepara

Hi John, thanks for getting back. Yes, flow rates for the hot taps in attic are bath 2.25LPM, sink 1.75LPM. Ground floor kitchen tap hot side 2.5LPM. Meanwhile in the main bathroom the hot sink tap is 3.25 LPM. All the cold taps are fed by mains supply and attic are 2.25 and 2.5, kitchen tap 4LPM and main bathroom sink 3.25LPM.

Is this still a diverter valve problem, either replacing or cleaning out along with flushing the boiler and system?

Like me, with age, I need a good flushing out for all my bits to function...

Thanks again,

Diddlepara
I think 2.7LPM is the minimum requireed so even the main bathroom hot sink tap at 3.25LPM might be marginal, does the boiler fire up with this one only, open?.
I think your boiler's diverter valve is electrically changed over via a aqua sensor so this may be the most suspect as pointed out above but the flow rates are abit on the low side from a sole tap.

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thank you and from what my neighbours have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply and information so far...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The water should come out no hotter than the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need to test the flow rate going into the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
Back