Digital manometer or water is best ? | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Digital manometer or water is best ? in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

water for soundness testing or TT as its now been renamed,water u gauges never need calibrating,and they never lie,though if you put dark red food dye in them and turn the ECV on to fast they make a pretty pattern on the wall

Upvote 0
Water.
Trying to use digital on Commercial T.T would be amusing.

How else would you do a com TT without a digi. You'd be there for hours

Upvote 0
Prefer digi here, why people say water for tightness I have no idea. Digital does the job just as well, that said so does a water gauge so each to their own. The reason I like digital are because they are more precise for fan pressures etc, smaller, don't freeze in winter and if they don't need topping up with water every now and then. Also if you do LPG you don't need to store it on the roof rack :biggrin5:

Upvote 0
I don't need to store my Regin premier gauge on the roof rack and it does up to 45 mbar. My J gauge will do up to 110 mbar which allows me to test new installations on boats.

Digital is fine for burner pressures etc. but I just don't trust it for tightness testing. How do I know that the digital gauge hasn't malfunctioned? Plus I don't have to get my U gauge recallibrated every year.

Upvote 0
Sounds like it was to early for a spot of light humour! I trust my digital gauge as much as my flue analyser and the consequences of malfunction are much the same. As I said, each to their own. Everyone's a winner and we all get a badge for good behaviour.

Upvote 0
If you use a digital always keep a u gauge in the van as a back up. There will come a time when you doubt your digital.

Btw you shouldn't add anything to your gauge other than water or manometer fluid as colourings, antifreeze, juice etc changes the specific gravity of the water and will alter your readings.
If you do, a 4mb drop may actually be a 5mb.

Upvote 0
I have both but only rely on water for testing for tightness etc. I have always thought if you don't believe your meter why have it in the van

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Worked a treat. Thank you so much Running...
Replies
Views
Hi Did you decide to go ahead with the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I know there are such things as heat meters...
Replies
Views
Use a water gauge and get yourself a new...
Replies
Views
Why's this old thread been relighted, KoP you...
Replies
Views
Back