Dimplex water cylinder question | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Dimplex water cylinder question in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I’m asking as a homeowner not a professional. I can’t get a plumber out at present due to self isolation and I would be very grateful for any advice about this.

We have a Dimplex unvented water cylinder which has suddenly stopped producing any hot water. For a few days I had noticed the water seemed hotter than usual. On looking at the installation manual it seems that the immersion heater has an over temperature cut out and I am wondering if it’s possible this has been activated.

As long as I switch off the electricity supply, would it be safe for me to open the immersion heater casing and see if the cut out has been activated? We’re desperate for hot water but I don’t want to risk this if there’s a possibility it’s dangerous or may make the problem worse.

Thank you for any advice, I would really appreciate it.

Yes it will be safe to try it isolate electrically but be prepared for it to fail again if the immersion heater has started to breakdown your water shouldn't get hotter than its thermostat setting normally 60° c , you may possibly have no choice than to get a service engineer to attend . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-062851.png
    Screenshot_20200408-062851.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 23

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. It’s pretty powerful. At least 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
For anyone else with the same issue, the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Except your response got me thinking. Going...
Replies
Views
Back