Direct unvented cylinder | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Direct unvented cylinder in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi having trouble finding a local plumber to fit a direct unvented cylinder.
Advertised on 3 board's but with no response.
I have posted a budget of £1000 is this too low?
This is for hot water only not heating.
Kevin

I have posted a budget of £1000 is this too low?
Depends whether that's just labour or whether you expect them to supply a cylinder as well.

IMO, you pulling a price out of the air and then expecting professionals to bid for the work blind is a recipe for disaster. The people you want probably don't even read the boards you are using.

I strongly suggest that you find up to three independent local installers, who must have an unvented 'G3' qualification and ask them to recommend a cylinder and quote for supply and installation. Get recommendations from friends or this website

Buy With Confidence - Trading Standards Approved

or the cylinder makers' websites where they list 'approved installers' who will often give you a longer warranty for the particular brand.

Depends whether that's just labour or whether you expect them to supply a cylinder as well.

IMO, you pulling a price out of the air and then expecting professionals to bid for the work blind is a recipe for disaster. The people you want probably don't even read the boards you are using.

I strongly suggest that you find up to three independent local installers, who must have an unvented 'G3' qualification and ask them to recommend a cylinder and quote for supply and installation. Get recommendations from friends or this website

Buy With Confidence - Trading Standards Approved

or the cylinder makers' websites where they list 'approved installers' who will often give you a longer warranty for the particular brand.
To be fair I didn't just pull a price out of the air, I specified exactly what needed to be done. Tank in place, pipework in place, electrics in place.
4 bits of pipework and a hole in the wall.
£1000!!! Loadsa money!!!

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Or Tesla Immersion Heater Plug & Washer -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I find you get fewer problems if the expansion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Realistically I think any "work" should be by...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a...
Replies
Views
Back