Disable frost protection on Vaillant EcoTec | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Disable frost protection on Vaillant EcoTec in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matt101

Does anybody know if you can turn off or adjust the frost protection on a Vaillant Ecotec? All the pipeworks in doors with no chance of freezing, the boilers on the wall in the garage attached to the house and never gets below 2 degrees and the system has anti freeze in it so no chance of freezing but the boiler kicks in and out all night and must be costing me extra pennies...any help appreciated

The best thing to do is to install a pipe stat. They're wired in series with the frost stat and will overide the frost stat if your pipework is above about 4 degrees, in this way you're protected from freezing but also won't waste energy

The best thing to do is to install a pipe stat. They're wired in series with the frost stat and will overide the frost stat if your pipework is above about 4 degrees, in this way you're protected from freezing but also won't waste energy

I haven't actually got a separate frost stat wired in, I have a vaillant programmer installed with an outside temperature monitor, so are you saying if I fit a pipe stat this will overide the boilers built in frost protection? If so great..Thanks

I'm afraid I have to correct myself, I've just had a look through the manual and can see no provision for this, perhaps vailant themselves maybe able to help but the manual sheds no light, my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
  • Question
But they don’t drain the system so can still...
Replies
Views
Ok, thanks will let here leave it is
Replies
Views
Close as multi threads
Replies
Views
No that’s how it’s supposed to work and is set...
Replies
Views
Back