Discounts for own boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Discounts for own boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

Hi all

Been away for a while chasing customers (and my tail) and boilers. It's all been so hectic I pop in here occasionally and have a quick look what's going on, but like your mate who lives round the corner, you often end up not going out for a pint for months.

Anyway :party::8:

I remember reading an article or advert in one of the mags about boiler discounts if you are gas safe and install one of their boilers in your own home. I think you kept your merchant receipt and they gave you back 30% or 40% if I remember right. The point was that you get asked: "What do you have in your home?".

The bad news news is that I think it may have been form Ideal. Given that I would be replacing an Ideal that's there already I would have Gasman's axe there anyway in case the old one is as bad as the new one. I asked the Vaillant rep about running a scheme like this but have obviosuly not heard back since :p.

Does anyone know any other manufacturers who do this?

Cheers

CP

I think Worcester are running this offer. Or at least they were. I get their monthly magazine thingy through and there's always some smug git with a new Worcester that he's fitted in his own place.

Thanks,

I'm sure there was also something manufacturer specific that gave all installers an additional 30% off or something like that unless I dreamt it.

Cheers
CP

i fitted a performa in my own home,and about 400 others i got a free pen

Just got a boiler stove for home (off gas) Plumbcentre said they would do me a good deal as for my own home.......... got it online £175 + vat cheaper! (stoves are us)

Trouble with plumb center is the best they can do is cost plus 5% but their cost price has got an amount built in for overheads etc. so they are hamstrung even if the local branch want to help you out.

I thought boilers only came in white............

I heard a rumour, ands it probably an urban myth. But apparently one of the manufacturers was doing areal that for every certain amount of boilers you installed you got a free one. And the bloke in question took the free one out the box to hang on the wall and it was pink.
how true that is I don't know, but it was told to me by one of the chaps in parts centre.

I heard a rumour, ands it probably an urban myth. But apparently one of the manufacturers was doing areal that for every certain amount of boilers you installed you got a free one. And the bloke in question took the free one out the box to hang on the wall and it was pink.
how true that is I don't know, but it was told to me by one of the chaps in parts centre.

Worcester were doing a special greenstar that was pink

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/mo...ter-goes-pink-with-one-off-boiler-for-charity

ravenheap went through a phase of putting famous paintings on there csi cases gives the custard something to look at when it breaks down

Would like a WB or Vaillant really and am happy with a pink one if needs must :tounge_smile:

Im all for pink. Got loads of pink socks and boxers. It surprises quite a few customers but is quite a good conversation starter when I'm sitting in front of their fire stripping it down :)

ravenheap went through a phase of putting famous paintings on there csi cases gives the custard something to look at when it breaks down

They have always had discussions as to weather the bird in the mona Lisa painting was smiling or not, I'm pretty sure that if she knew she was on front of one of their boilers it would be safe to say she's is definitely not smiling :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back