Diverter shower head not working - pls help :) | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Diverter shower head not working - pls help :) in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all

Please can someone help me throw some light on a problem I have and how I can resolve it?

I have changed my electric shower (Triton T80 GSI 10.5KW) from a standard handset to a Ibergrif diverter with handset and rain head. Please see pictures attached.

However upon installation the handset allows for water to flow freely, but when switched to the rain head no water comes out of the head, the shower has also has incidentally caused the thermo cut off to break so I now need to replace that part as well.

I've seen these diverter shower heads attached to electric showers before and the Ibergrif product i bought said it was compatible with electric showers so where is the issue and how can i resolve it please?

I would like to mention the water pressure coming into the shower is quite good.

Any advice welcome?

Thanks

Attachments

• ben shower.jpg
    ben shower.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 32
  • ben shower 2.jpg
    ben shower 2.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 32
  • ben shower 3.jpg
    ben shower 3.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 32
:D it’s not designed for an electric shower and the other way around best put the one that came with the unit back on

Upvote 0
1. Instead of relying on ibergrif to state its compatible, why not ask Triton why it doesn't work.
2. The Triton shower you have has a maximum flow rate of 3.9 litres per minute. What is the requirement of the ibergrif head?
3. Your question may be "how do I keep the new shower head(s)". The answer will probably be you can't, because its not compatible.
4. Getting snippy with people who offer you advice isn't a great way to seek help.

Upvote 0
1. Instead of relying on ibergrif to state its compatible, why not ask Triton why it doesn't work.
2. The Triton shower you have has a maximum flow rate of 3.9 litres per minute. What is the requirement of the ibergrif head?
3. Your question may be "how do I keep the new shower head(s)". The answer will probably be you can't, because its not compatible.
4. Getting snippy with people who offer you advice isn't a great way to seek help.

Hi Steadyon,

Thanks for your advice, I've actually tried something that just occurred to me which was to swap the two intake pipes around (as seen in the pictures) this has totally solved the problem. the water no flows freely... perhaps i should have tried that to begin with but just didn't occur to me then. Anyway appreciate your help above.

Further to your comment number 4, i find it odd when people respond with a negative overtone - the overriding tone of my post was that I wanted the shower head to work - but the response was 'go back to your original one' which to me is not positive nor helpful advise such as yours offered. I am not being 'snippy' just stating my opinion.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks Shaun. Really appreciate you taking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
K
  • Question
This situation should be that the valve core...
Replies
Views
  • Question
i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
Back