Diy or not :D thoughts | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Diy or not :D thoughts in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

It's a shocker isn't it? Look at the D1 from the T&P relief valve. The plastic! The Tectite wonder! I've asked him in the thread if the 15mm plastic pipe reappearing on the right side rear of the cylinder is the pipe coming from the T&P valve. Also I've asked to see the group inlet as well. I'm half expecting there to not be one.

Like you, I'm pretty certain he's done this himself, clearly not G3 and hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

It's a dangerous install.

It's a shocker isn't it? Look at the D1 from the T&P relief valve. The plastic! The Tectite wonder! I've asked him in the thread if the 15mm plastic pipe reappearing on the right side rear of the cylinder is the pipe coming from the T&P valve. Also I've asked to see the group inlet as well. I'm half expecting there to not be one.

Like you, I'm pretty certain he's done this himself, clearly not G3 and hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

It's a dangerous install.

Also d2 rises :D

A good engineer wouldn't use tectite fittings for a new install, first off 10x more expensive and it ain't as solid as soldered fittings.
Clips screwed to the cylinder are also shocking never seen that before. Definitely the plastic is really shocking ...

If he had concerns regarding his plumber he would have mentioned it but he did not, neither shows the mains water group

Guess the pressure static or dynamic

IMG_2796.JPG

1/2 old black medium steel

And yes I've got to replace the stop tap :mad:o_O:eek::confused:

What you using to replace the old one. I only ask as I had to do one the other day and do you think for the life of me I can get the lead loc to seal. Been back to it 3 times already and it has the smallest of flipping weeps. It's killing my moral:confused::confused::(

What you using to replace the old one. I only ask as I had to do one the other day and do you think for the life of me I can get the lead loc to seal. Been back to it 3 times already and it has the smallest of flipping weeps. It's killing my moral:confused::confused::(

on steel lead loc wont if its lead philmac transition coupling

steel prob un thread the stop tap and use a 1/2-1/2 coulping and then a 1/2 male iron in that

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Under the regulations, a supplier is not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, bought a couple of those and will give...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes. Are there different options when...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a 3/4" rad system i'm working on. Was...
Replies
Views
Daley power
D
Back