Do I have a faulty PRV on my own boiler??? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I have a faulty PRV on my own boiler??? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spholden

Evening all,

I have a Biasi Riva M90D 24S which has been losing pressure pretty rapidly. I would say it goes from 1.5 bar to 0 within a 6 hour period.
I have checked all rads for leaks dry as a bone,no visible leaks anywhere on central heating.

Two things:

1, When turning the PRV anti clockwise to release the remaining pressure it did not click as I have seen on other PRV's.
2, Also the PRV allows me to turn clockwise with little or no resistance.

Do I have a faulty PRV or could it be something else??

I am currently studying my ACS and my father in law is the local Biasi service agent, but thats no help when he's scuba diving in t'Egypt this week !!!!!

Any assistance greatfully recieved.......

P.s. I feel sorry for your dad, poor fellow must be snowed under! Haha

a Biasi Riva M90D 24S which has been losing pressure pretty rapidly. I would say it goes from 1.5 bar to 0 within a 6 hour period.
I have checked all rads for leaks dry as a bone,no visible leaks anywhere on central heating.
Do I have a faulty PRV or could it be something else??..
when you lose the pressure,is it leaking from the PRV?
what pressure does it reach when central heating is running?
have you been able to check all the pipes/fittings for leaks?

have a look outside, is the pressure relief pipe dripping .it may be just passing ,if thats fine then get a pump and check if there is a charge on the exp vessel , if that is fine then last of all watch the gauge, does it go up to 3 bar if so your connection to the exp vessel is blocked with sludge , after concluding it is non of the above faults then get on your hands and knees and look for a leak.
You are lucky your diverter valve hasnt gone ,bad diverter valve design.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry_smile::cry_smile::cry_smile::evil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for taking the time to update. That's...
Replies
Views
R
Plenty but none we can give you as a non gsr...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
M
Yes lucky this time, stupid thing to do I...
Replies
Views
Matt101
M
T
Raising the pressure in the system wont cure...
Replies
Views
kimbo
K
N
just found out that this thread is going to...
Replies
Views
Back