Do I have an air lock in my system? | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I have an air lock in my system? in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I have had this problem for a week now. The oil boiler will run for a short while and then stop. If I check the pipes around the 3 way valve they are all hot and the pump is running but all the radiators are cold. I have a bleed valve next to the water tank and I bleed that frequently and there is always a small amount of air in that. I have bled all of the radiators and there is no air in them.

I can get the heating to come on if I drain water from one of the radiator drain valves and allow water to flow into the pressure vessel. After a few minutes the pipes around the 3 way valve become cold and the boiler will then kick in. It will then run fine for a number of hours.

After the boiler has been off for a few hours, like over night, the situation then repeats itself.

If I have an air lock and this is the problem I have run out of ideas on how to clear it or get the air to a radiator so I can bleed it out.

I would be very appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction please.

Thanks, Daniel.

Pump fecked / needs replacing

Not strong enough to pump the water round or a stuck port valve

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It could well be, the OP will soon hopefully...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You’re a genius, thank you! Held my thumb over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks the system has had some work on it new...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Red circles show my new AAVs and the manual...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Before doing this, check the level in the cold...
Replies
Views
Back