Do I have to smash my bath to get at this diverter valve? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Do I have to smash my bath to get at this diverter valve? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Folks, my 2 way diverter tap in the bath is leaking but I can't find an isolator. I have a feeling it's buried under the tiled-in bath.

I don't have any experience with plumbing but does anyone recognise this type of diverter and is there anyway of replacing it(or the cartridge) without smashing out the bath. I can isolate the water at the mains of course but don't want to do that and stuff anything up because then I won't be able to turn it back on.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210731_172313.jpg
    20210731_172313.jpg
    300.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210731_172255.jpg
    20210731_172255.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 41
Hi Folks, my 2 way diverter tap in the bath is leaking but I can't find an isolator. I have a feeling it's buried under the tiled-in bath.

I don't have any experience with plumbing but does anyone recognise this type of diverter and is there anyway of replacing it(or the cartridge) without smashing out the bath. I can isolate the water at the mains of course but don't want to do that and stuff anything up because then I won't be able to turn it back on.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.
A box spanner should do the job, about £10 for a set, if you don't want to turn the water off and smash the tiles off you could try and open up all the other taps to reduce the pressure at the bath, done this once myself in a flat.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You can see a dent in the form of a ring in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I figured I should let you guys know in case...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Recycle it and have a nice new one instead:)
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you all for the responses, exactly the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A skilled gas engineer should not need to...
Replies
Views
Back